Joint Stock Company "National Payment Corporation of the National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan"
Joint Stock Company "National Payment Corporation of the National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan" (hereinafter referred to as JSC "NPK") was registered with the justice authorities on July 27, 2023 and was established as a result of the reorganization of the Republican State Enterprise on the right of economic management "Kazakhstan Center for Interbank Settlements of the National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan" ( hereinafter referred to as RSE "KISC") by transforming it into JSC "NPCK" in accordance with the Resolution of the Board of Directors of the National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan No. 17 dated March 3, 2023 and the Decision of the sole founder No. 1 dated July 19, 2023.
In its turn, RSE "KISC" was established based on the decision of the Board of the National Bank dated December 30, 1995. No. 252 in accordance with the Program for Reforming the Banking System in Kazakhstan for 1995, approved by the Decree of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated February 15, 1995 No. 2044.
The sole founder and shareholder of NPK JSC is the National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
The main goal of JSC "NPCK" is to conduct interbank payments and money transfers and interbank clearing in accordance with the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan, ensure the functioning of the national payment system, as well as the creation and development of research expertise, prototyping and implementation of pilot projects in the field of financial and payment technologies for the National Bank and its subsidiaries, including in cooperation with leading international research centers.
The types of activities of JSC "NPCK" are:
- making interbank payments and money transfers and interbank clearing in accordance with the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
- providing the infrastructure for hosting the national payment system;
- resolving issues related to ensuring the security of payment systems;
- provision of services for the exchange of secure information, guaranteed delivery and processing of messages via information and telecommunication data transmission channels;
- certification of compliance of the public key of the electronic digital signature with the private key of the electronic digital signature, as well as confirmation of the authenticity of the registration certificate;
- implementation of means of cryptographic protection of information to users of JSC "NPK", their use and storage;
- carrying out activities related to the use, distribution and authentication of cryptographic keys;
- organizing and ensuring the functioning of retail payment systems;
- provision of research and consulting services in the field of financial and payment technologies for the National Bank, its subsidiaries and other organizations;
- organization and holding of medium-term and short-term training programs, seminars, conferences, exhibitions, within the scope of the activity of JSC "NPK";
- provision of information and methodological support services with support of information systems and databases in the field of financial and payment technologies for the National Bank, its subsidiaries and other organizations;
- publishing and distribution of educational, educational and methodical and scientific literature, newspapers, magazines, periodicals, within the scope of JSC "NPK" activities;
- data analysis and processing;
- services of an identification data exchange center for identifying customers using biometric identification tools.
Chairman of the Board of JSC "NPC" - Zhalenov Binur Muratovich
Address: A15C9T5, Republic of Kazakhstan, Almaty, microdistrict Koktem-3, 21
tel.: + 7 (727) 250-67-22
fax: +7 (727) 250-66-11
Internet resource: https://www.npck.kz
The joint-stock company “Center of activities’ maintenance of the National Bank of Kazakhstan”
The joint-stock company “Center of activities’ maintenance of the National Bank of Kazakhstan” (hereinafter referred to as “the CMA”/ the Company) was created in accordance with the resolution of the National Bank №2 as of January 31, 2011.
The National Bank of Kazakhstan is sole founder of the Company.
Almaty Department of justice performed official registration of the CMA (certificate №108640-1910-AK as of 4 March, 2011).
The main objective of CMA is rendering services in ensuring activity of National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan regarding the production environment and infrastructure.
The CMA renders following services:
- Servicing of engineering and communication systems;
- Motor transport Services;
- Mechanical services of existing motor car park;
- Services of electric, heat and water supply;
- Services for maintenance in proper condition territories, adjacent to buildings of National Bank;
- Carrying out procurements for National Bank.
Bekeshev Baurzhan - Chairman of the Board
Address: 57A Mangilik El Avenue, Astana, Z05T8F6
Phone: +7(7172) 982 878
Fax: +7(7172) 982 878
Republic State Enterprise on the right of economical jurisdiction "Kazakhstan Mint of the National Bank of Kazakhstan"
Kazakhstan Mint was created in 1992 year to execute State orders for National Bank and President Administration of the Republic of Kazakhstan on coins production of national currency and State awards of sovereign Kazakhstan.
The enterprise has passed several stages in its organization development.
In 1994 the Mint (at that period it was the nonferrous products plant) was separated from the content of the Ulba Metallurgic Plant and reorganized as an independent legal body. In November of 1998 year Kazakhstan Mint entered National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
During short period of its life the enterprise passed a long way and today the product of Kazakhstan Mint is known in the Republic and received high acclaim abroad as well. In the tight period the system was created and well-adjusted which allows now with a high performance to effect aims put on the enterprise by National Bank, President
Administration of the Republic of Kazakhstan and various government institution.
The Mint has various process areas: blank, tool maintenance, galvanizing, thermal areas, area of stamping and pressing, and auxiliary production facilities and warehouses. The enterprise is equipped with high-performance equipment of leading companies made in Germany and Switzerland.
The basic product of the enterprise are the goods which require careful labour management and high-level of the workers. That is why the Mint is an enterprise with a high level of technical discipline and reach traditions on production of high accuracy goods under conditions of State acceptance.
The main enterprise goals: execution of National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan orders for production of coins for national currency out of nonferrous metals, gold and silver (circulation, commemorative, collectable), and execution of President Administration of the Republic of Kazakhstan orders for production of State awards.
Today the Mint fully provides Kazakhstan with coins which are equal on their features to those which are used in Europe and United States for instance.
On a par with the leading mints the enterprise issues collectible coins out of gold and silver with proof quality, also the production of unique goods such as gold and silver coins with proof quality has been mastered, with diameter of 100 mm and weighting one kilo. Conformity of Kazakhstani coins to the world standards received confirmation of the experts at the most prestigious mints exhibition annually held in Berlin (Germany).
Management System ISO 9001:2015 for designing and production of coins, blanks, awards and medals, symbols of departments, verification marks existing at the enterprise, is certified by international organization “TÜV Thüringen e. V.” (Germany).
State awards and medals issued by Kazakhstan Mint are estimable samples of jewellery.
In accordance with State domestic goods market recreation program and import substitution policy, substitutional production is developing systematically at the Mint. For example production of silver wear table, military accessories, breastplates, silver-containing contacts, souvenirs, brands and stamps.
General director: Tranov Alexandr
Tel: (7232) 75-33-50, 75-28-77
Address: 070005, Republic of Kazakhstan, East Kazakhstan oblast
Ust-Kamenogorsk, 102/1, Abay ave.,
Republic State Enterprise on the right of economical jurisdiction “Banknote Factory of the National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan”
History of the Banknote Factory the Republic of Kazakhstan began with the Decree of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated May 26, 1992 "On establishment of the printing factory of the National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan". The factory specialists studied the experience in construction and organization of production in different countries.
On May 18, 1995 the Management Board of the National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan adopted decree “On reorganization of the Directorate of production enterprises into the Banknote Factory and Securities Factory”.
In 1997 the Securities Factory merged with the Banknote Factory of the National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan as a Workshop thereof.
On July 17, 1998 the Banknote Factory changed its status by transformation into a branch of the National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
Since 01.04.2004 the Banknote Factory was reorganized into the Republic State Enterprise "Banknote Factory of NBRK" entitled to independed economic activity.
Having started as a small printing factory, which produces banknotes, in a short period of time the Banknote Factory has developed rapidly in the prestigious domestic enterprise for production of banknotes and securities.
The Banknote Factory works in three main directions at present. The first is the production of banknotes. The second is other security print products including electronic and machine-readable passports and more than 130 kinds of other print products. The third direction is ID-cards production including payment cards of VISA international system.
During its existence, the Banknote Factory has released three series of the national currency - TENGE and eight commemorative and jubilee banknotes in honor of various commemorative events. Many of our projects won international awards.
In addition to unique equipment, exclusive consumables and highly qualified personnel, the Factory’s management has chosen the quality management system as the tool of success in order to ensure its competitive capacity in the international market and improvement in general. Thereby, now an integrated quality, environmental and labor protection management system is in place in the Factory in accordance with the international standards ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015, ISO 45001:2018 (ISU), Information security management system ISO/IEC 27001:2013 "Information technology. Security methods. Information security management systems. Requirements" and secure printing processes management system in accordance with the requirements of ISO 14298:2013 “Management of the secure printing process" and requirements of INTERGRAF certification authority. Also, quality management system of the Banknote factory is confirmed by available СТ РК ISО 9001-2016 certificate.
Today in the Republic of Kazakhstan there is a rapid tendency of digitalization in implementing the state program "Digital Kazakhstan", which involves the transition to electronic formats of various forms of strict reporting using digital media (bar code, Data matrix, QR code) , allowing to ensure authenticity of the issued forms and improve follow-up over their circulation.
Thus, in the framework of implementation of the state program “Digital Kazakhstan”, the Banknote Factory is a participant in the implementation of the project on marking goods with control (identification) marks for the position “Garments, clothing accessories and other articles of natural fur” on the territory of the Eurasian Economic Union.
Also, in 2019, the Banknote Factory, together with National Information Technologies JSC and State Revenue Committee of the Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Kazakhstan, implemented the Information System for Controlling Excisable Goods which allows online tracking of distribution of the forms of accounting and controlling labels on alcoholic beverages and tax labels on tobacco products in the Kazakhstan market.
General director – Zhomart Kazhmuratov
Reception: +7 (727) 381-98-35;
Fax: +7 (727) 381-98-33;
Customer Service Subdivision: +7 (727) 381-98-28, 352-72-12;
Website: www.bf.kz, email: email@example.com
Our address: А10Х7В7, 4, Furkat Str., Almaty, RSE entitled to IEA “Banknote Factory of the National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan
Joint Stock Company “Kazakhstan Deposit Insurance Fund”
Kazakhstan Deposit Insurance Fund (KDIF) was established by the Resolution of the National Bank of Kazakhstan No. 393 “On incorporation of Kazakhstan Individuals’ Deposit Guarantee (Insurance) Fund” dated 15 November 1999 as a 100% subsidiary organization of the National Bank.
The Mission of KDIF is to provide assistance in safeguarding stability of the financial system, to protect the rights and lawful interests of depositors of second-tier banks in the Republic of Kazakhstan following revocation of a deposit insurance system member bank’s license to conduct all banking operations.
The main functions
To accomplish the main tasks, the KDIF fulfills the following functions:
- conducts payouts to reimburse depositors in accordance with the requirements of the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan “On Mandatory Insurance of Deposits Placed in Second-Tier Banks of the Republic of Kazakhstan” (hereinafter referred to as the Law),
- maintains Deposit Insurance System Member Banks Register,
- engages in the simultaneous transfer of assets and liabilities of a bank to another bank (other banks) in the case provided by Article 16 of the law On Mandatory Insurance of Deposits,
- invests the assets,
- accumulates special reserve,
- establishes the requirements for agent banks in the manner determined by the Fund's management body,
- approves a preliminary list of agent banks for payout in the manner determined by the Fund's management body,
- engages in temporary administration office on bank management designated during the period of conservation of a member bank,
- engages in temporary administration office designated during the period of revocation of a member bank’s license to conduct all banking operations,
- engages in liquidation commission of member bank in forced liquidation (or of a forcibly terminated branch of a non-resident bank of Kazakhstan, shall this be the case) up to the date of repayment of KDIF’s claim in the amount of deposit insurance coverage payout, either accomplished or in progress,
- engages in creditor committee of member bank in forced liquidation (or of a forcibly terminated branch of a non-resident bank of Kazakhstan) up to the date of repayment of KDIF’s claim in the amount of deposit insurance coverage payout, either accomplished or in progress.
The banking products subject to deposit insurance
The obligations of a deposit insurance system member bank towards its depositors (the individuals) in the event of revocation of the bank’s license to conduct all banking operations shall be subject to deposit insurance, particularly the deposits of individuals in tenge and foreign currency held in bank accounts and certified by bank account and (or) bank deposit agreements, including the interest accrued as of the date of revocation of member bank’s license to conduct all banking operations.
The maximum coverage limit per depositor per member bank is:
- up to 20 million tenge on saving deposits in national currency,
- up to 10 million tenge on other deposits in national currency,
- up to 5 million tenge on deposits in foreign currency.
If a depositor has multiple insured deposits with the same member bank which are different in type and currency, such depositor shall be reimbursed within the maximum coverage limit for each type of deposit separately, within the cumulative limit of twenty million tenge.
Chairman: Adil Utembayev
Consultation is available to the bank depositors via Call Center 1460 (calls from landlines and mobile phones in Kazakhstan are free of charge), via the messenger on KDIF’s website www.kdif.kz, via Telegram @kdif_ask and KDIF's official pages on Facebook and Instagram deposit.kz, as well as via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The joint-stock company «National Investment Corporation of the National Bank of Kazakhstan»
National Investment Corporation of the National Bank of Kazakhstan Joint Stock Company (hereinafter referred to as NIC NBK JSC) was registered with the justice authorities on June 25, 2012. The sole shareholder of the NIC NBK JSC is the National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
The main objectives of the NIC NBK JSC's activities are:
- implementation of activities on trust management of assets of the National Fund of the Republic of Kazakhstan, gold-and-exchange holdings of the National Fund of the Republic of Kazakhstan, and other assets in accordance with the procedure established by the laws of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
- increasing the efficiency of management and diversification of assets placed into trust;
- implementation of the best practices in the field of alternative investments.
The main activities of the NIC NBK JSC are:
- making investments at the international financial markets:
- investments in securities, financial instruments and investment funds;
- investments in alternative financial assets;
- investments in and conducting operations with derivative financial instruments;
- investments in infrastructure funds/projects;
- direct and strategic investments.
- carrying out brokerage and dealer activities;
- participation and partnership in the structure of jointly created companies with the participation of foreign institutional and Kazakhstan investors;
- organization and transfer of part of the assets under the control of the Company to external trust management;
- other types of activities associated with asset trust management.
Joint-stock company «The State Credit Bureau»
Joint-stock company "State Credit Bureau" (hereinafter - GKB) was established by the decision of the sole founder №1 of August 7, 2012, adopted on the basis of the Resolution of the Board of the National Bank of Kazakhstan "On approval of the joint-stock company" State Credit Bureau "№213 of July 4, 2012 year. GKB is a specialized non-profit organization, 100% of the voting shares of which belong to the National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
In accordance with the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan "On credit bureaus and the formation of credit histories in the Republic of Kazakhstan", the main activities of GKB are the formation of credit histories and the provision of credit reports, the provision of credit scoring services.
Within the framework of this Law, additional types of GKB activities include:
- implementation of specialized software used to automate the activities of participants in the system of credit history and their use;
- sale of special literature and other information materials related to the activities of the credit bureau;
- provision of consulting services related to information support of participants in the system of credit history formation and their use;
- marketing and statistical research.
In accordance with the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan "On Insurance Activities", GKB forms and maintains a database on compulsory insurance of civil liability of vehicle owners on the basis of this Law and legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan on compulsory types of insurance.
GKB maintains a single register of insurance agents.
Within the framework of the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan "On insurance activities" the main functions of GKB are:
- collection of information provided for each concluded insurance contract, on the amount of insurance premiums, insurance cases, insurance agents, as well as the amount of insurance payments (in terms of property and health payments) in the manner, terms and amount provided by the information contract and (or) receipt of insurance reports, taking into account the requirements provided by the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan "On insurance activities";
- formation and issuance of insurance reports taking into account the requirements provided by the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan "On insurance activities";
- formation of insurance statistics, including those necessary for conducting actuarial research in the field of insurance and insurance activities;
- creation and maintenance of the information analytical system for the statistical accounting, the analysis and generalization of the data on the insurance market and their representation to the authorized body and suppliers at their request through the Internet resource of the organization;
- automatic calculation of insurance premiums under compulsory insurance contracts in accordance with certain legislative acts of the Republic of Kazakhstan governing compulsory types of insurance;
- maintaining an electronic database of insurance contracts for storing information on insurance contracts in electronic form for each policyholder (insured, beneficiary);
- placement on its Internet resource of the list of Internet resources of insurance organizations used for concluding insurance contracts in electronic form.
Chairman of the Board - Anuarbekova Linara Amantayevna
Contact telephones: +7 (727) 352 75 70, +7 (727) 352 75 75
Internet resource: www.mkb.kz.
Location of GKB: 67 Aiteke bi Street , Almaty, Republic of Kazakhstan, A05B0Y8.
JSC "Bank Service Bureau of the National Bank of Kazakhstan"
JSC «Bank Service Bureau of the National Bank of Kazakhstan» ("BSB") was reorganized on July 23, 2015 by transformation from the Republican State Enterprise on the right of economic management "Banking Service Bureau of the National Bank of Kazakhstan", which in turn was established in 1995. The founder of BSB is the National Bank of Kazakhstan ("NBK").
The main objective of the BSB is to ensure and support the processes of digitalization of the NBK, its organizations, branches and the authorized body for regulation, control and supervision of the financial market and financial organizations.
BSB renders services in development, support, delivery of software products, as well as services in use of software products and ensuring safety of related information resources, provides services of the unified secure corporate data transmission network, provides IT services and support of IT infrastructure of the unified secure corporate data transmission network, provides services of information-reference service, carries out expert analysis in the field of information technologies, carries out inspection, analysis and optimization of automatic devices, provides project and portfolio management services, undertakes development and system maintenance of the procurement portal for the NBK as well as access to the procurement portal.
JSC "Payment and Financial Technology Development Center of the National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan"
JSC "Payment and Financial Technology Development Center of the National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan" (hereinafter - the Company) was registered on March 11, 2021.
The Company’s main purpose is to research and develop information systems in the field of payment and financial technology, machine learning and artificial intelligence in order to provide advisory support to the National Bank and its subsidiaries.
The Company’s goals are to create and develop research expertise, as well as prototyping and implementation of pilot projects in the field of financial and payment technology for the National Bank and its subsidiaries, including projects in cooperation with leading international research centers.
The Company’s activities include:
1) provision of research and consulting services for the National Bank and its subsidiaries in the field of payment and financial technology;
2) organization and conduct of mid-term and short-term training programs, seminars, conferences, exhibitions within the Company's scope of activity;
3) information systems development and maintenance services for the National Bank and its subsidiaries in the field of financial and payment technology, as well as machine learning and artificial intelligence, including data analysis and visualization;
4) publication and distribution of educational, methodological and scientific literature, newspapers, magazines, periodicals within the Company's scope of activity.
Chairman of the Board – Kuanyshbekov Eldos
Address: 57 “A” Mangilik El ave, Esil dictrict, Astana, Z05T8F6, Republic of Kazakhstan.
Phone: 8 717 277 55 77 (ip - 5665)
Central Securities Depository Joint-stock Company
Central Securities Depository Joint-stock Company (hereinafter – the Central Securities Depository) was established by the decision of founders' meeting (minutes No. 1 dated May 16, 1997). The Central Securities Depository is a specialized noncommercial organization with 63.24 % of its voting shares owned by the National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan, 29.28 % by Kazakhstan Stock Exchange JSC, 5.93 % by the second tier banks and 1.55 % by the broker companies.
The Central Securities Depository executes the following types of activities:
2) maintenance of the system of registers of securities' holders;
3) clearing activities on transactions with financial instruments;
4) certain types of banking operations;
5) other types of activities, which are not prohibited for execution by the Central Securities Depository, by applicable legislation.
The Central Securities Depository is unique organization on the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan, executing depository activities and activities on maintenance of the system of registers of securities' holders.
Chairman of the Management Board of Central Securities Depository – Mukhamedzhanov Adil Nurlanovich.
28, microdistrict Samal-1, Almaty, 050051
Telephones: +7 (727) 262 08 46, 355 47 60
Fax: +7 (727) 262 08 46, 355 47 60
Call center: 8 800 080 86 68 (call from city and mobile telephones in the Republic of Kazakhstan is free), +7 (727) 355 47 61, +7 777 150 94 22 (WhatsApp only),
On the territory of Tengiz Towers AC, 30/8 Satpayev Str., Almaty, A15P5B5
Telephones: +7 (727) 262 08 46, 355 47 60
Fax: +7 (727) 262 08 46, 355 47 60
Office No. 101, Nur-Saulet 2 Business Center, 13, Amangeldy Imanov Str., Almaty district, Astana, 010000
Telephones: +7 (727) 262 08 46, 355 47 60 (ext. 320, 322)
Joint-Stock Company “Kazakhstan sustainability fund” (hereinafter – JSC “KSF”) was registered with the justice authorities on September 11, 2017. The sole shareholder of JSC “KSF” is the National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
The main objectives of the Company's activities are to promote the financial stability of the banking sector through financial support for second-tier banks, to participate in ensuring the availability of mortgage housing loans, rental housing, to implement the mechanism for refinancing mortgage housing loans (mortgage loans), in the lending mechanism for priority projects, in implementing measures to reduce the debt burden of citizens of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
The main activities of JSC “KSF” are:
- financial support for second-tier banks, including through the provision of subordinated loans (acquisition of subordinated bonds), and signing for these purposes’ agreements with second-tier banks and their shareholders;
- the search for investors and sale of shares of second-tier banks acquired through the conversion of subordinated bonds (subordinated debt) to a new investor (s);
- placement of funds in securities, as well as in second-tier banks and the National Bank on the terms of a bank account and bank deposit agreement, including on conditions approved by the National Bank;
- factoring operations: acquisition of rights of claim for payment from a buyer of goods (works, services) with the adoption of the risk of non-payment (redemption of claims for bank loans from second-tier banks);
- reverse transfer of bank loans to second-tier banks.